Federal Budget 2020/21
* Important changes to Income Protection Policies
* Feeling safe is the most important liveability attribute for Australians.
* Bitcoin – is it a genuine investment?
*Will NZ property investor tax reforms crash prices & are there implications for Australia?
* Why Cash is not a suitable investment
* The case for owning Equities (Shares)
* China’s Latest Five Year Plan
* Sergei Magnitsky Update
* Another Book recommendation: “The Frenchman”
* Do rising bond yields threaten the share market?
* Indexation of the Transfer Balance Cap
* Super Contribution Rules – A refresh
* The importance of Asia, particularly China, in world trade
* What will a Biden Presidency mean for US & Global financial markets
* Are we in a stock market bubble?
* The risk that Covid-17 Vaccines won’t necessarily end this epidemic soon
* A New Team member in Sydney – Helen Houston
* Changes in the Financial Planning Industry
* Tesla, an example of some highly questionable company valuations
* 2020 – A Year that will certainly be remembered!
* Investment Implications for 2021
* Holiday Reading for Investors
* Covid-19 Vaccine News is very positive for health and financial markets
* The market reaction to the US Election Results
* Low interest rates – bad for term deposits, good for residential property prices
* Implications of Gifting for Social Security Recipients
* Cash is King no longer applies
* 2020 Federal Budget & Implications
* Superannuation changes in the Budget
* Salary Sacrifice / Personal Tax-deductible Super Contributions
* Cashing out your Super in Retirement
* Residential Property Prices
* Sustainable Investing – a look at Australian Companies
* What has happened in Financial Markets since late February?
* Can Tech Stocks keep rising or is it a bubble?
* Morgan Housel on finding the sensible balance between optimism and pessimism
* The role of Fixed Interest Investments (Bonds)
* Navigating the new assets test limit for the Age Pension
* Where to next for the share market – the positive ( “Bull”) case
* Where to next for the share market – the negative (“Bear”) case
* Gold is running hot
* How dominant are the big 5 US Tech companies? Very!
* Tightening Bank Credit Standards
* The good times for Bank investors ended some time ago
* Will the US Stock Market continue to ignore any Bad News?
* The Global Vaccine Race offers hope but not certainty
* Hamish Douglass from Magellan on the very uncertain outlook
* It is all about Technology
* China’s Assertiveness is a serious threat that could have big consequences
* Can the Stock market keep rising despite weak economic fundamentals?
* Australian Interest Rates
* End of Financial Year – Super Contributions & Pension Payments
* Superannuation – Contribution Flexibility for older Australians
* Changes to Minimum Pensions for next Financial Year – 2020/21
* Escalating US-China tensions threaten the share market recovery
* Some challenges and likely changes as a result of coronavirus
* Australian Banks under pressure
* How long Will a Vaccine Really Take
* Reduced Minimum Payments for Income Streams (private pensions)
* Early Access to Super
* Deeming Rates for Centrelink Age Pensions
* Coronavirus – what does it mean for your investments?
* A new era for Ramsay Financial Group
* Coronavirus (COVID -19): what should you be doing, if anything?
* ATO Guidance on SMSF Investment Strategy
* Coronavirus and the growing impact in financial markets
* What is happening in financial advice post the Hayne Royal Commission
* Changes to Income Protection insurance cover across the industry
* No new CommInsure policies from 31 March 2020
* Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG)
* Cash is safe but a poor option for longer-term investors
* A challenge for investors – Share-market valuations are looking stretched
* Are geopolitical shocks a threat to share prices?
* The World’s Largest Cities
* Sydney’s rapidly growing population has big implications
* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
* 2019 was a good year for Super & Investors generally
* A truce in the US-China Trade War
* Shane Oliver’s 20 favourite Investment & life lesson quotes
* The Six Biggest bull runs and what happened next
* Tech Stocks have rocketed but many valuations look stretched
* Transition to retirement tax strategies
* Can you leave your Super/Pension to your Grandchildren?
* Very low & even negative interest rates all over the world
* Downsizer Contributions into Super
* Investing for Income is not just about dividend yields
* A resource for information on big global issues
* Powers of Attorney